Superintendent Professional Certificate
To be considered for admission to the Superintendent Certification program, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 SCH.
- Possess Texas Principal Certification.
- Possess five years of administrative experience in education.
- Possess Texas Teacher Certification (any field).
- Possess five years of teaching experience.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application.
- Submit the FERPA form.
- Submit the Code of Ethics form.
- Submit a copy of your teacher certification.
- Submit a copy of your teacher service record (it can be obtained from your district Human Resources office).
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDAM 5323||Critical Issues in Education||3|
|EDAM 5352||Public School Business Affairs||3|
|EDAM 5354||School Public Relations||3|
|EDAM 5356||Ed Assessment, Res&Pract||3|
|EDAM 5360||The Superintendency||3|
|EDAM 5365||Superintendent Practicum I||3|
|EDAM 5366||Superintendent Practicum II||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||21|