Master of Science in School Counseling (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in School Counseling, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a valid Texas Teacher Certificate.
- Possess a minimum of two years of teaching experience.
- Possess GPA 3.0 (last 60 credit hours).
- Submit an application for graduate studies by the due dates provided by the TAMIU Graduate School. Office of Graduate Studies & Research via applytexas.org.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the (a) Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or, if seeking certification, 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or (b) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete FERPA form.
- Complete TEA Code of Ethics Agreement.
- Fill out College of Education application.
- Submit Statement of Purpose: 700-word maximum.
- Submit proof of service record.
- Complete the Texas A&M International University College of Education Online Screening Survey.
- All coursework must be completed within five years as required by the 19 Texas Administrative Code Section 228.35(a)(5)(B).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDCU 5304||Professional Orientation||3|
|EDCU 5305||Personality&Counseling Theor||3|
|EDCU 5306||App Tech Child&Adoles Couns||3|
|EDCU 5307||School Counseling||3|
|EDCU 5308||Career Dev&Life Planning||3|
|EDCU 5309||Counseling the Cultur Diverse||3|
|EDCU 5310||Human Growth&Develop Lifespan||3|
|EDCU 5311||Prof Cnslng Ethics & Lgl Iss||3|
|EDCU 5320||Crisis Inter in School Setting||3|
|EDCU 5321||Child&Adoles Couns Tech||3|
|EDCU 5322||Fund of Addictions Counseling||3|
|EDCU 5326||Res & Prog Eval in Schl Couns||3|
|EDCU 5314||Pre-Practicum Skills&Tech||3|
|EDCU 5315||Group Counseling||3|
|EDCU 5316||School Counseling Practicum||3|
|EDCU 5317||School Counseling Internship||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||48|