Master of Science in Curriculum Instruction (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 SCH required.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or equivalent PTE Academic or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDCI 5313||Foundations of Curriculum||3|
|EDCI 5316||Social&Cultural Studies of Ed||3|
|EDCI 5317||Evaluation of Curr&Inst||3|
|EDCI 5319||Adv Theories for Learning||3|
|EDCI 5321||Collegial Coaching&Mentoring||3|
|EDGR 5320||Foundatns of Ed Research||3|
|Select 15 SCH at the graduate level in consultation with academic advisor from one of the areas listed below:||15|
|Hist&Phil of Bil Education|
|Bil Oral Lang Dev & Assessment|
|Bil/Multicult Teach Strategies|
|Teaching Engl as a Second Lang|
|Teach Read&Lang Arts Bil Set|
|Ed Policy for Curriclm Leaders|
|Ldship Mod for Currclm Leaders|
|Data Inf Dec Mak for Clm Lds|
|Characts of Effec Sch Leaders|
|Ethics & Sch Ref Innov Pblm So|
|Theoretical Models & Proc Rdg|
|Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog|
|Adv Diag Reading Difficulties|
|Literacy Interv Diverse Pop|
|Literacy Prof Prep Seminar|
|Teach Diverse&Exceptional Lrn|
|Survey of Mild Disabilities|
|Survey of Mod, Sev&Pro Dis|
|Clsrm & Beh Mang Excptl Child|
|Coll & Cons in Edu Settings|
|Prin of Ins Design & Learn The|
|Inst Lead & Tech Integration|
|Teach Learn&Assessing Dig Age|
|Emerging Tech Mod & Lear Env|
|Access, Equity&Assistive Tech|
|Making Know Accessible to Stud|
|Appl of Ped Content Know|
|Manag & Monitoring Stu Learn|
|Analyz Pract & Purs Prof Growt|
|Collab in Learning Comm|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||33|
Students interested in completing 18 hours in an academic field should consult their academic advisor. Additional three hours in the academic field will replace EDGR 5320.