Master of Science in Psychology Non-Thesis (MS)
All application materials for the Master of Science in Psychology are due by the date prescribed by the Office of Graduate Studies and Research to be considered for admission. Students apply to begin the graduate program in the Fall.
The following are the admissions criteria for the MS in the Psychology Program:
- Submit an application for graduate studies by the Fall due date provided by the Graduate School. Deadlines may be found at: http://www.tamiu.edu/gradschool/
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit an official transcript from the last institution attended and an official transcript from the institution where the highest degree was earned. In some cases it may be the same institution.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources to the Graduate School.
- Include a statement of purpose with a minimum of 300 words describing your academic and career goals and objectives.
- Include a sample of your academic writing skills (it may be an undergraduate research paper, a book chapter, or a journal article).
Major Curriculum - Psychology
|Semester Credit Hours
|Survey of Social Psychology
|Survey of Personality Psyc
|Human Dev Across Life-Span
|Psychology Internship I
|Psychology Internship II
|Select five courses from the following: 1
|Issues in Psychology
|Spc Topics Research Methods
|Intro to Neuropsychology
|Total Semester Credit Hours
9 SCH of electives may be selected from any 5000-level graduate courses, including those from other departments in the university, with the approval of the Graduate Advisor.