Master of Science in Special Education Non-Thesis (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Special Education program, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an application for graduate studies by the due dates provided by the TAMIU Graduate School. Deadlines may be found at www.tamiu.edu/gradschool/
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 SCH.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or, if seeking certification, 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application if seeking certification.
- Submit the FERPA Form if seeking certification.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form if seeking certification.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey (students seeking admission into the EPP must complete the survey within the first 30 days of their admittance).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDSE 5307||Evid-Based Prac for Stu w/Dis||3|
|EDSE 5309||Spe Ed Law&Ethical Resp||3|
|EDSE 5311||Iss in Dis throughout Lifespan||3|
|EDSE 5325||Clsrm&Beh Mang Excptl Chld||3|
|EDSE 5364||Coll&Cons in Ed Settings||3|
|EDSE 5390||Special Issues in Special Ed||3|
|EDGR 5320||Foundatns of Ed Research||3|
|Select 12 SCH from one of the following areas:||12|
|Applied Behaviour Analysis|
|Essential Behavior Principles|
|Analytic Tech App Beh Analysis|
|Research&App Beh Analysis|
|Ethical, Legal&Prof Iss|
|Autism Spectrum Disorder Interventions|
|Intro Evid Inter Autism|
|Teach Positive Beh Sup Autism|
|Intervention Prog Mod Autism|
|Iss Ed Behav Treat Autism|
|Bilingual Education (online delivery)|
|Bil Oral Lang Assessment & Dev|
|Bil/Multicult Teach Strategies|
|Teaching Engl as a Second Lang|
|Teach Read&Lang Arts Bil Set|
|Curriculum and Instruction (online delivery)|
|Foundations of Curriculum|
|Advanced Instructional Methods|
|Evaluation of Curr&Inst|
|Adv Theories for Learning|
|Adv Educational Leadership|
|Acad Achievement Assessment|
|Pract Educational Diagnostics|
|Assessment for Diag&Inter|
|Reading (online delivery) *|
|Select one course from:|
|Theoretical Models&Proc Rdg|
or EDRD 5309
|Theory&Prac of Early Rdg Dev|
|Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog|
|Adv Diag Reading Difficulties|
|Prac in Diagnosis&Rem of Rdg|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||36|