Master of Science in Curriculum Instruction Non-Thesis (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 SCH required.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application if seeking certification.
- Submit the FERPA Form if seeking certification.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form if seeking certification.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey (students seeking admission into the EPP must complete the survey within the first 30 days of their admittance).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDCI 5313||Foundations of Curriculum||3|
|EDCI 5316||Social&Cultural Studies of Ed||3|
|EDCI 5317||Evaluation of Curr&Inst||3|
|EDCI 5319||Adv Theories for Learning||3|
|EDCI 5321||Collegial Coaching&Mentoring||3|
|EDGR 5320||Foundatns of Ed Research||3|
|Select 15 SCH at the graduate level in consultation with academic advisor from one of the areas listed below:||15|
|Bilingual Education (online delivery)|
|Hist&Phil of Bil Education|
|Bil Oral Lang Assessment & Dev|
|Bil/Multicult Teach Strategies|
|Teaching Engl as a Second Lang|
|Teach Read&Lang Arts Bil Set|
|Public School Law|
|Adv Probs in Supervision|
|Reading (online delivery) *|
|Select one course from:|
|Theoretical Models&Proc Rdg|
or EDRD 5309
|Theory&Prac of Early Rdg Dev|
|Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog|
|Adv Diag Reading Difficulties|
|Prac in Diagnosis&Rem of Rdg|
|Professional Preparation Sem|
|Evid-Based Prac for Stu w/Dis|
|Spe Ed Law&Ethical Resp|
|Iss in Dis throughout Lifespan|
|Clsrm&Beh Mang Excptl Chld|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||33|