Master of Science in Curriculum Instruction Non-Thesis (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 SCH required.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or equivalent PTE Academic or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDCI 5313||Foundations of Curriculum||3|
|EDCI 5316||Social&Cultural Studies of Ed||3|
|EDCI 5317||Evaluation of Curr&Inst||3|
|EDCI 5319||Adv Theories for Learning||3|
|EDCI 5321||Collegial Coaching&Mentoring||3|
|EDGR 5320||Foundatns of Ed Research||3|
|Select 15 SCH at the graduate level in consultation with academic advisor from one of the areas listed below:||15|
|Bilingual Education (online delivery)|
|Hist&Phil of Bil Education|
|Bil Oral Lang Assessment & Dev|
|Bil/Multicult Teach Strategies|
|Teaching Engl as a Second Lang|
|Teach Read&Lang Arts Bil Set|
|Educational Leadership (online delivery)|
|Leading the Impl of Curriculum|
|Decision Making in Curclm Dev.|
|Ldg the Assessmt of Curriculm|
|Curriculum Dvlp for Cont. Impv|
|Ethics & Curriculum Implement|
|Reading (online delivery)|
|Theoretical Models&Proc Rdg|
|Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog|
|Adv Diag Reading Difficulties|
|Prac in Diagnosis&Rem of Rdg|
|Professional Preparation Sem|
|Special Education (online delivery)|
|Teach Diverse&Exceptional Lrn|
|Survey of Mild Disabilities|
|Survey of Mod, Sev&Pro Dis|
|Clsrm&Beh Mang Excptl Chld|
|Coll&Cons in Ed Settings|
|Educational Technology (online delivery)|
|Prin of Ins Design & Learn The|
|Inst Lead & Tech Integration|
|Teach Learn&Assessing Dig Age|
|Emerging Tech Mod & Lear Env|
|Access, Equity&Assistive Tech|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||33|
Students interested in completing 18 hours in an academic field should consult their academic advisor. Additional three hours in academic field will replace EDGR 5320.