Educational Diagnostics Professional Certificate
To be considered for admission to the Educational Diagnostics Professional Certificate, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Possess a master's degree in a related field.
- Possess a valid Texas Teacher Certificate.
- Possess a minimum of three years of teaching experience.
- Submit a full transcript of all coursework for course equivalency consideration.
- Submit an application for graduate studies by the due dates provided by the Office of Graduate Studies & Research.
- Pay application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the (a) Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or (b) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application if seeking certification.
- Submit the FERPA Form if seeking certification.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form if seeking certification.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey (students seeking admission into the EPP must complete the survey within the first 30 days of their admittance).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|Education of Children with Disabilities|
|EDSE 5305||Teach Diverse&Exceptional Lrn||3|
|EDSE 5310||Survey of Mild Disabilities||3|
|EDSE 5315||Survey of Mod, Sev&Pro Dis||3|
|Psychoeducational and Other Diagnostic Procedures|
|EDSE 5330||Acad Achievement Assessment||3|
|EDSE 5345||Pract Educational Diagnostics||3|
|EDEC 5324||Adv Study of the Young Child||3|
|EDSE 5350||Assessment for Diag&Inter||3|
|EDCI 3301||Assessment for Instruc Design||3|
|or EDCI 5300||Intro to Teaching & Learning|
|Instructional Modifications with Practical Applications|
|EDSE 5325||Clsrm&Beh Mang Excptl Chld||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||33|
EDSE 5390 is required for students lacking at least one academic year of experience as a teacher in a special education classroom, or passing the state-mandated examinations for teaching certification in special education.