Alternative Teacher Certification Program (ACP)
To be considered for admission to the Alternative Teacher Certification program, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU Graduate School.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT) scores.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum of 2.75 GPA in the last 60 SCH required.
- Be eligible to work under an intern certificate.
- Must not be currently enrolled in another certification program.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application.
- Submit the FERPA Form.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDCI 5300||Intro to Teaching & Learning||3|
|EDCI 5301||Methods & Mgt, EC-12||3|
|EDCI 5340||Measurement & Assess in Ed||3|
|EDSE 5305||Teach Diverse&Exceptional Lrn||3|
|EDRD 5313||Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog||3|
|EDIT 5330||Teach Learn&Assessing Dig Age||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||18|