Master of Science in Bilingual Education (MS)
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Bilingual Education, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an online application via applytexas.org to the TAMIU GraduateSchool.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA in the last 60 SCH required.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 79 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011- 1.pdf
- Complete the College of Education application if seeking certification.
- Submit the FERPA Form if seeking certification.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form if seeking certification.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey (students seeking admission into the EPP must complete the survey within the first 30 days of their admittance).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDBE 5310||Hist&Phil of Bil Education||3|
|EDBE 5322||Bil Oral Lang Assessment & Dev||3|
|EDBE 5324||Bil/Multicult Teach Strategies||3|
|EDBE 5325||Teaching Engl as a Second Lang||3|
|EDBE 5326||Teach Read&Lang Arts Bil Set||3|
|EDBE 5390||Special Issues in Bil Ed||3|
|EDGR 5320||Foundatns of Ed Research||3|
|Select 12 SCH from one of the following areas:||12|
|Curriculum and Instruction|
|Foundations of Curriculum|
|Advanced Instructional Methods|
|Evaluation of Curr&Inst|
|Adv Theories for Learning|
|Adv Educational Leadership|
|Reading (online delivery) *|
|Select one course from:|
|Theoretical Models&Proc Rdg|
or EDRD 5309
|Theory&Prac of Early Rdg Dev|
|Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog|
|Adv Diag Reading Difficulties|
|Prac in Diagnosis&Rem of Rdg|
|Evid-Based Prac for Stu w/Dis|
|Spe Ed Law&Ethical Resp|
|Iss in Dis throughout Lifespan|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||36|