Master Reading Teacher Certificate
To be considered for admission to the Master Reading Teacher Certification, the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit an application for graduate studies by the due dates provided by the TAMIU Graduate School. Deadlines may be found at www.tamiu.edu/gradschool/
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts from TAMIU do not need to be submitted.
- Submit verification of minimum scaled scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet- Based Test (TOEFL iBT) of 24 for speaking, 22 for listening, 22 for reading, and 21 for writing or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to evidence English language proficiency if your undergraduate or graduate degree was not earned at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or at an institution of higher education in a country outside of the United States as listed http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/sbecrules/tac/chapter230/19_0230_0011-1.pdf
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 (students with a 2.5-2.9 GPA may be considered based on a required interview).
- Submit two (2) Professional Letters & one (1) Academic Letter.
- Complete an Essay on the Literacy Topic provided.
- Complete the College of Education application.
- Submit the FERPA Form.
- Submit the Code of Ethics Form.
- Complete the Texas A&M International College of Education On-line Screening Survey (students must complete the survey within the first 30 days of their admittance).
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|EDRD 5309||Theory&Prac of Early Rdg Dev||3|
|or EDRD 5303||Theoretical Models&Proc Rdg|
|EDRD 5313||Design, Imp&Eval of Rdg Prog||3|
|EDRD 5319||Adv Diag Reading Difficulties||3|
|EDRD 5321||Prac in Diagnosis&Rem of Rdg||3|
|EDRD 5324||Professional Preparation Sem||3|
|Total Semester Credit Hours||15|