Data Analytics Certificate Program
The Certificate in Data Analytics is a graduate certificate program which is designed to provide education for students desiring to enter the workplace in data analytics. Specifically, students who successfully complete this 12 semester credit hours (SCH) will gain an understanding of data analytics and particularly a working knowledge of management information systems tools and techniques for data research and analysis. The program is designed for current and future graduate business majors, and particularly MS- IS students.
Upon completion of this certificate program, students will be able to:
- Apply data analytic methods to modern business operations.
- Use data analytic methods to analyze business research problems.
- Apply data analytic and visualization methods to present marketing reports.
- Evaluate data analytic methods for their accuracy and applicability in understanding business problems.
- Solve business cases using data analytic methods.
Means of Assessing Learning Outcomes:
Assessment will be conducted using the following direct measures:
- Embedded questions linked to expected learning outcomes in examinations of each course in the curriculum, evaluating the program outcomes on a rubric created for that purpose.
- Evaluating, on a rubric constructed for that purpose, the outcomes from course projects embedded in selected classes.
Criteria for Admission:
Students must be incoming or current graduate students in the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business. Interested applicants that are not currently students at TAMIU can apply for admissions at www.applytexas.org. All applicants, current students and incoming students, must submit an additional application form to the School's Graduate Advisor.
Criteria for Earning the Certificate:
Students must be in good graduate standing and complete the four courses in the program with no more than one C and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the program.
|Code||Title||Semester Credit Hours|
|BA 5310||Business Research Methods||3|
|MIS 5370||Database Management & Design||3|
|MIS 5375||Data Mining&Bus Analytics||3|
|Select One of the following courses:||3|
|Financial Statement Analysis|
|Seminar in Marketing Mgt|
|International Production Mgt|
Administration of the Certificate
The Certificate in Data Analytics is administrated by the A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business and the Dean of the College is responsible for the oversight of the program.